Now is the perfect time to add a fresh look to your pant wardrobe.
- The BIKER SHORT. I know you’re going to scratch your head over this one, but it’s real! Along with this trend you’ll see an overall trend to soften your look with soft, elegant suiting options. Yep, even with the biker shorts.
Granted, this isn’t for everyone and it won’t work in every industry. If you like it but can’t wear it to work then wear it with a long cardigan or long, sleeveless vest to an evening event. (All inspirations are provided by W by Worth.)
- The ASYMMETRIC CROP. Get a high fashion look with a head-to-toe print that includes fun elements in the print or the hem. The uneven hem of these pants is best worn with a heel or wedge to keep your legs looking long, even if they’re not.
These models are 6’ tall and wear a size 6. Keep that in mind before you strike this off your ‘what to wear’ list. A petite can rock this look with a pair of deep rose or navy heels. If you’re average in height, opt for a simple deep rose or ivory heel. And, if you’re tall, a nude shoe will drive attention to the outfit.
- THE WIDE LEG CROP. Can be worn with a variety of heel heights, such as the kitten heel, or tall boots. Wear it with a top or jacket that is loose or airy to keep a sense of balance with the look.
If you have short legs, you may want to avoid this one as the length may make your legs appear even shorter. Otherwise, make sure the hemline is either above or below the widest part of your calf to avoid making your legs appear wide. Petite? No worries, this may be your new favorite ankle length pant!
- THE CARGO. Perfect for the woman whose shape is widest at the shoulders. The pocket detail visually balances her frame. The satin fabric elevates this casual style; making it a sassy option for a networking event or date night.
Choose a shoe that compliments the softness of the fabric. This pant begs for fun shoes! Consider a strappy neon sandal, a floral linen pump, a metallic flat, or a nude suede.
- THE SPORTY CARGO. Where athleisure meets elegance. Nailing an upscale sporty look will be much easier in French Terry. Ideal for the woman who wants an athletic style in fabrics that do not exposure or overly define her body.
Adorable with a low profile sneaker, espadrille, or a fabric wedge. This tonal example has an elegant vibe; but you can change the attitude with complimentary pieces like cropped sweaters, tank tops, graphic T’s, or sweat shirts.
- The Tie. Change the length on this sporty pant to heels or shorten it for the beach. Vacations deserve versatile clothes that can be worn while traveling (from over-sized sweat shirts to silky tops) as well as when touring the town (paired with a linen shirt or printed T) or walking along the beach (bring along a cotton beach sweater or French Terry jacket).
Flip flops, sneakers, and sandals are perfect for this on-the-go pant.
- THE ANKLE WORK PANT. Oh! The places you’ll go in this ankle length pant – to work, to the theatre, on the plane, and to the party!
This versatile pant lends itself to a variety of heels and flats for a casual-to-chic style.
- THE TAILORED WIDE LEG. Keep a boring wardrobe far away by having a variety of pant legs in your closet. This soft suit has a 70’s-inspired power statement and can be worn with a cutaway top, silky sweater, or an I’m-all-business button-down. Switch to a cropped jacket, cardigan, and add some fun accessories to give it a party vibe.
To complement the tailored style of this pant wear almond or pointy-toed heels, low platform, loafer heels, and classic flats.
Now you have our Hot Pants List!
If you enjoyed this week’s feature please leave me a comment/question.
Julie Thurburn, CIP